Think again! The Toy Gods have smiled upon me this year, so I'm going to pass along some of my good fortune to a lucky G.I. JOE collector. What good fortune, you ask? It just so happens that I have an extra SDCC-exclusive Jinx figure (masked version), so I'm going to play Santa Claus and give her away this holiday season. After having such a great 2012, I want to share a little hobby goodness with someone else, so that means it's contest time.
So what do you need to do to get this Jinx figure? I'm glad you asked!
Just send an email to email@example.com with your name (can be your real name or your online screen name), city, and state, and share a photo of you opening a G.I. JOE gift as a kid and a little story about the memory (doesn't need to be a novel; a sentence or two is fine). It can be Christmas, Hanukkah, Festivus, your birthday, or whatever. It just needs to be a photo of you with your awesome JOE present and a description of that moment. I'll post the images and stories here on the blog when the winner is announced. No such photos, you say? No problem. You can just send in a story (a paragraph or so) about your favorite JOE holiday gift memory, and I'll post good ones with any submitted photos. Since a picture is worth a thousand words, though, every submission with a photo will receive two entries. Text-only submissions will receive one entry.
You can also tweet your submission to @Caped_Crusader. You can break up a story about your JOE gift memory into multiple tweets if necessary.
A few ground rules:
- Must be at least 21 years of age to enter. I have a car full of toys going to Toys For Tots next month; this one's for the collectors!
- Photos must be of you with your G.I. JOE gift as a kid. An image of thirty-something you in your sweatpants with a 30th Anniversary Skystriker will not be counted. Photos of your kids with modern toys won't count, either.
- All submissions must be received no later than 1:00 PM EST on Sunday, December 16, 2012. Winner will be selected randomly later that evening from all entries received.
- This contest is global! If the winner lives anywhere in the U.S. or Canada, I'll cover the shipping. If the winner lives outside the U.S. or Canada, he/she will be responsible for $10 of the postage costs. I'll pay the rest.
- I reserve the right to disqualify/ignore/toss out/laugh at any entries from habitual whiners. That includes people who complain incessantly about exclusives like this, gripe about "elitists" going to cons, or whine about the difficulty of any previous trivia contests. This is a fun contest for people who like to have fun with this hobby.
Merry Jinxmas, everybody!